SUMMARY OF CURRENT R&D INFRASTRUCTURE & ALLIANCES
Major R&D efforts at Eternal University are focused on:
- Innovative new multi-disciplinary programs of higher study in New and Emerging Technologies to ensure employment of our students and encourage entrepreneurship.
- To become a Centre of Excellence in Biomedical and Herbal Research in Northern India.
- Provide a Quality Control and Analytical Lab for Himachal in the area of Herbal Medicine and impurity profiling of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for the local Herbal, Pharmaceutical & Biotech industry.Towards these objectives, in the last 3 years, Eternal University has established various laboratories in the Akal College of Engineering & Technology, Akal College of Nursing, Akal School of Chemistry and Akal School of Physics. In 2010, the University in collaboration with The Ministry of Non-Conventional and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India, has commissioned 200-kWp Solar Power Plant under the aegis of Akal Institute of Renewable Energy Research. In Dec.2010, a post-graduate Molecular Biology& Biochemistry R&D lab was made operational for the upcoming Akal School of Biotechnology at Eternal University.
Akal College of Engineering and Technology has an on-going collaboration with Wayne State University, Detroit, USA and Akal School of Nursing has a Memorandum of Understanding with Drexel University, USA. In addition, in the last 3 months, we have established academic alliances with researchers from Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA; Kansas State University, USA; Aarhus University, Denmark; University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia and Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
In the next five years (2011-15), we will focus on “New and Emerging Technologies”, such as:
1. Renewable Energy
2. Nano Delivery of Cancer Drugs
3. Applications of Biotechnology in Cancer Diagnostics
4. Identification of Active Principles in Herbal and Medicinal Plants
5. Functional Foods and Bio-fortification
SPECIALIZED POST-GRADUATE RESEARCH LABS
The following specialized research labs have been established at the university:
- Nano-Science Technology Research Lab
Two research scholars are working for Ph.D. on Nano-Ferrites.
- Postgraduate Chemistry Lab
A Postgraduate Chemistry Lab has been set up and two research scholars are working on research projects leading to the award of Ph.D. degree.
- Postgraduate Electronics and Communication Engineering Lab
Postgraduate Electronics and Communication Engineering Lab has been setup and three research scholars are working on research projects leading to the award of Ph.D. degree. In addition, the following labs have also been made operational for Postgraduate Research Students in the Engineering College:
1. Micro Wave Engineering Lab
2. T.V. Engineering Lab
3. VHDL Lab
4. Fiber Optics Lab
5. Post Graduate Microwave Lab
6. Post Graduate Computer Science Lab
- Postgraduate Biotechnology Lab
A new lab for Postgraduate Biotech Research has been set up.
- Akal Institute of Renewable Energy Research
The Ministry of Non-Conventional and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India, has sanctioned grant to set up a 200 kWp solar photo-voltaic power plant at Baru Sahib. The work on this project is in progress.
- Akal Institute of Applied Sciences
This institute’s major research project is focused on “THE INSTIGATION ON FLAX SEED COMPONENTS AND VALUE ADDED FORMULATION WITH REFERENCE TO THEIR CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE”
AKAL COLLEGE OF NURSING
- Nutrition Project
A joint nutrition project is going on in collaboration with the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada. A team from UBC visited Eternal University for three weeks in July 2010 and studied the food habits and nutritional status of villagers around Baru Sahib, HP.
- De-addiction Centre
Dr. (Col) Rajinder Singh, M.B.B.S, M.D. is working with the drug addicts and inspiring these individuals to give up the use of narcotics by means of naturopathy, meditation, divine music and help them turn their minds towards spiritual activities.